Honeywell Fire Sentry FS20X Multi-Spectrum (UV/Dual IR/VIS) Fire and Flame Detector for hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbonfuel fires in all industrial enviromental conditions. 90° field of view. RS-485 MOD BUS communication and 0-20 mA stepped analog output. Includes fire, fault and auxiliary relays. NEMA 4 & 4X enclosure. IP66. FM, ATEX and CE approvals.
The Fire Sentry FS20X is the latest generation high technology Multi- Spectrum (UV/Dual IR/VIS) Fire and Flame Detector, which is part of the FSX family of advanced technology Electra-Optical Flame detectors.
Based on the foundation of the highly successful and reliable Fire Sentry SS4 detector, the Fire Sentry FS20X detector represents a quantum leap in integrating Infrared and Ultraviolet sensing technologies. The Fire Sentry FS20X is a Multi-Spectrum and UV/Dual IR/VIS fire and flame detector with a proven UV solar-blind sensor. The Fire Sentry FS20X exhibits faster false-alarm free response to fires over a wider temperature range and with a much longer detection range compared to conventional UV/IR detectors.
- Patented* WideBand IRTM Infrared combined with Ultraviolet
- Detection range greater than 200 feet to 1 sq. ft. heptane fire
- Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis
- Visible Sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
- Selectable detection sensitivities
- Solar blind 90° full 100% cone-of-vision
- Dual Microprocessors for reliable performance
- Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
- FirePicTM — Up to 6 pre-fire event data storage
- Event log — Up to 200 events with date and time stamp
- Built-in RS-485 ModBus Communication
- Built-in non-isolated 4-20 mA analog output (sink or source)
- Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays.
- Automatic Optical Path and Electronic Self-Test
- Widest operating temperature range
- Patented* Electronics Module for components protection with plug-in terminations for easy field installation
- Two 3⁄۴” NPT OR 25mm conduit entries
- Low power consumption
- High RFI and EMI immunity
- FM approved
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fuel fires in all environmental conditions
- Arc welding immunity
- False alarm rejection for all environmental conditions
- Minimal maintenance for trouble-free operation
- PC software and Interface Module (FSIM) for fault diagnostics real-time graphs (RTGs), and downloading of FirePicsTM and event log
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications
- Refineries and Oil Production Facilities
- Off-Shore Platforms
- Turbine/Compressor Enclosures
- Acetylene Processing and Storage
- Oil & Gas Pipelines and Pumping Stations
- LNG/LPG Loading & Unloading Facilities
- Natural Gas and CNG Plants
- Ethanol, Methanol, and IPA Production and Storage
- Crude Oil and Gasoline Storage and Tank Farms
- Aircraft Hangars
- Hydrogen Plants and Storage
- Paint & Solvent Storage
- Chemical Production, Storage, and Loading Facilities
- Power Plants
- Silane Gas Storage
Conventional and older technology UV/IR detectors, using narrow band 4.3 micron IR sensors, will not respond to smoky fires or if the detector lens is contaminated with oil and other substances since both UV and 4.3 micron signals are attenuated, obscured or absorbed by thick smoke or detector lens contaminations. Also, these old technology UV/IR detectors will not alarm to any fire if they are installed behind ordinary window glass.
The Fire Sentry FS20X detector uses advanced patented algorithms for signal processing and fire and flame analysis is designed to alarm to all types of fires in all industrial environmental conditions. If the detector’s UV signal is degraded due to heavy smoke or a contaminated lens, the Fire Sentry FS20X’s patented* WideBand IRTM, Near Band IR and Visible sensors will still alarm to fire but at a reduced sensitivity and slower response time.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The Master Microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal processing calculations; while the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility; and additional memory for storing Event Log and FirePicTM data.